My Top 5 Red Lippies By Black-Owned Companies




Red lipstick has been given so many descriptions; From daring to whorish but whatever the color means to you you better work that red lip. I love red lipstick and no matter how many shades and brands I have, I will always have room for a new one.  My lipstick buying trips have been very therapeutic. So here are some of my favorite red lipsticks,  all Black-Owned and fabulous. Naturally, in no particular order because we love all our lippies equally!  


GOLD LABEL COSMETICS

 I met the owner and founder, Kristen Brown at a Fanm Djamn pop-up in Harlem 2016. The pop-up was hosted by Vivrant Beauty and featured headwraps by the fashionable Haitian Queen Paola MatheGold Label's Empowering is boss! It goes on smoothly and stays on until you take it off. 


THE CRAYON CASE

    If you don't know who Supa Cent is then you must be living in an old makeup bag that needs cleaning The Louisiana native creative a multimillion makeup line called the Crayon Case that has quickly become a favorite.  I first bought Crawfish to wear on my birthday in 2017. The matte lip pens from The Crayon Case no matter what shade is amazing. The application is smooth and flawless and grub proof too.


COLOURED RAINE 

    This brand wasn't even on my radar until celebrity makeup artist Keita Moore (@kilprity) used Cherry Blossom on Dasha Polanco. I was completely drawn to the boldness, and I knew it had to be in my collection.  This is one that I've worn countless times and yes, food proof as well.



FENTY BEAUTY


Rihanna has been taking the beauty industry by storm with Fenty Beauty and it is no secret that homegirl’s products are top-notch. Stunna Lip Paint  Uncensored was my first purchase and it surely did not disappoint.  I love the packaging and it is definitely long wear. 



PAT MCGRATH LABS

The mini-set my girlfriend bought me from Sephora was a hit. It came with 3 very vibrant matte shades that I absolutely adore. As usual, a red number, Elson had to be in the mix.  The application is smooth and it doesn’t crack. This is a lipstick and not like the other liquid ones mentioned above. Again, I only do long-wear and this surely did not disappoint. 


There are other black-owned red lips that I still haven’t tried, especially from my homegirl Sharline’s line Glow-up Cosmetics. I heard that the Lip Bar is also fire. 



What other black-owned beauty brands do you know? 


Let me know what I should try next. 

Till next drop, love the red you’re in.



Comments

  1. Can’t wait for you to it girl ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love The Crayon Case and Pat McGrath. I just discovered them a few years ago. I’ve also been purchasing from smaller black owned cosmetics businesses recently like Whipped Cosmetics and Z Luxury Beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! I can't wait to try them out :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. great list!! Will have to try fenty and Pat McGrath for the culture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AJ Crimsom Ruby Who is another beautiful red from a Black brand.. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post! I just ordered two lippies from the Lip Bar this week. Can’t wait to try them out, and I’ll have to give your suggestions a try as well. Thanks for sharing❤️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts